Sunday, February 17, 2013

Scaleform - Ready to Skin

My project in Scaleform is well underway. It looks terrible, but the functionality is all there. It is also entirely Unrealscript, since I was trying to avoid using Kismet if possible.

When the menu is initialized, Unrealscript loads the player's inventory data, and passes it to the flash file. There is a system in place for easy communication and data passing between the two, in either direction. Additionally, the placeholder art is setup with simple transitions, which should make adding the final effects work down the line, considerably easier.

Here is the skeleton running in UDK. Pardon my programmer art, and terrible placeholder text.






Derek Hetrick just sent me over a pretty awesome interface. I need to revamp the code to handle the layout, but it shouldn't take too long, and time permitting, should be done by the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment